Marshall has announced the CV503-U3 Miniature POV Camera for USB. This is a USB3.0 HD camera with interchangeable lenses, and it is software agnostic so you can use it for a variety of applications.
It replaces the now-discontinued CV502-U3 USB 3.0 HD POV Camera.
CV503-series cameras have been used as unique point-of-view cameras in television productions for the last 10 years. Television broadcast, sportscasts, newscast,s weathercasts, car racing, reality-TV, gameshows, talk shows, and live concerts have all utilized small Marshall POV cameras.
- Software agnostic design provides flexibility to use or switch between soft codecs.
- Interchangeable lenses create customizable field-of-view (comes with 90-degree).
- Locking 6 1/2 foot (2m) USB3.0 cable for power and video capture over one cable.
- Same broadcast quality as Marshall CV503 cameras up to 1080p60fps video.
- Self adaptable resolution and frame-rate provides video stability during operation.
- Universal UVC1.5 command and control to adjust settings from any soft codec.
- No additional drivers required that change your personal video capture settings.
- Locking USB thumb screws lock cable into place and can’t be pulled out during use.
- Durable design and smooth finish for professional setup and appearance.
- Ships with a CVM-5 Monitor/Desktop stand, adaptable to any 1/4″-20 mounts.
The camera comes equipped with a wide-angle 2.8mm lens producing a 90° horizontal angle-of-view, however, as it features an interchangeable lens mount. There is a wide array of M12 lenses that you can put on the camera. These lenses range from a 2.3mm, F2.2 3MP, all the way up to a 16.0mm, F1.8 2MP. You can also choose a 2.8~12mm, F1.4 3MP lens or a 6.0~22mm, F1.6
|The CV503-U3 utilizes the same sensor and processors as the Marshall CV503, CV506, CV566, CV344, and CV346. That sensor is a 1/2.8″ Progressive CMOS (Approx. 2.5 Megapixel) sensor.|
Here are the available resolutions and frame-rates:
- 1920x1080p @ 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98fps
- 1920x1080i @ 60/59.94/50fps
- 1280x720p @ 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98fps
The latest generation CV503 POV cameras feature a rugged aluminum alloy body, secure locking connectors, and good low-light ability.
The settings can be changed through UVC1.5. The camera will work with any Mac, PC, Laptop, or Linux system.
Price & Availability
There is currently no indication of pricing. The discontinued CV502-U3 USB 3.0 HD POV Camera was around $600 USD.